Follow @GarethSoye

Monday 28 June 2010

Is the party over?

So there we have it. England are going home. Will they follow the French lead and take cattle class seats on the plane back? I'm sure if Michael O'Leary was watching he will lay on a Ryanair flight back from South Africa for them. They'll have to pay for their own bags of course. But at least there's no need for expensive champagne.

What happens now then? Do we stop watching? Well seeing as I never started watching in the first place that's hardly an option. I did watch the England matches, but that was purely for comedy value and thankfully, on that front, they delivered in spades.

I've never really got the World Cup. For the life of me I can't understand why people want to support a team just because they come from the same place they were born in.

Nationality is a bit like string theory or Shakespeare or boy bands. I just can't understand it no matter how I try.

It's supposed to work like this isn't it; Person A was born in a hospital on one side of an imaginery line which makes them nationality A and person B was born on the other side of the line so that makes them nationality B.

(Obviously some people are born on another planet which makes them Leftists but that's a whole other story.)

Now then Person A must support a certain team because their players were born on the same side of the line. Or weren't, but their granny was so that makes it ok. And person A must want to beat person B's team because of the line thingy. It apparently doesn't matter if persons A & B ended up married to eachother, if they have a different piece of paper telling them what nationality they are then they can't be the 'same'.

See, I'm sort of rambling now. It confuses me that much.

Now a couple of years ago an Irish rugby team were apparently doing quite well and had to beat Wales in some sort of final game which meant they won a Grand Slam or something. How do you get presented with a Grand Slam by the way? Does Hulk Hogan pick you up and throw you to the floor?

Anyway I didn't want this Irish rugby team to win. Why?

BECAUSE I FUCKING HATE RUGBY.

I may have mentioned that to some people before but just in case others haven't heard it I'll make doubly clear...

I FUCKING HATE RUGBY!

Now apparently I was some sort of super-Nazi child molester or something for not wanting Ireland to win. Seeing as I was born in Ireland and have a piece of paper telling me I'm Irish then it's the law that I have to want anything 'Irish' to win.

See I just don't get this. Why? I FUCKING HATE RUGBY. I don't want an Irish rugby team to win at anything. I want them to lose and lose badly. Worse than England lost against Germany.

So the World Cup has never really appealed to me. And it probably never will.

But nevertheless we must get a few words in about the glorious failure of those brave English soldiers. Wait. Hang on. No matter how bad the BBC tried they couldn't even get English fans to say that this time.

Even the pathetic attempt of Gabbbbby Logan to blame the goal that never was didn't bring about the 'Hand of God' hullabaloo we've become accustomed to.

So could it be that England fans have turned a corner? Will there be no more of the divine birthright to win the thing stuff? Here's hoping. I have several English friends I would like to see happy so who knows, maybe in 4 years I can cheer on the England team. Only if John Terry isn't playing of course.

One thing before I go. There is the old saying of 'divide and conquer' which has worked well for many years for warmongering money grabbers. Which brings me on nicely to Sepp Blatter.

Instead of 'divide and conquer' can we now have 'unite and destroy' where Mr. Blatter is concerned. Imagine all the nationality bullshit going out the window and the world of football fans uniting against the single biggest (the fat cunt) thing that is threatening football today.

Blatter you must go and you must go now. You have definitely crossed the line and we don't need any video evidence to confirm it for us.

And take that cunt Terry with you.

9 comments:

  1. haha..good read, and yes i agree that cunt must go. hate that bastard and that french lover of his aswell..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaz mate, thats fantastic, well written and true... nationality confuses the hell out of me, i live in england and i can assure you its full of cunts. but i still wanted to england to win??? i think rather than a world cup based on nationality they should do one based on birth signs... date of birth is just as random factor as location, so why not!

    Come on you Taurus...



    Again, top read mate... you should write professionaly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rba my world cup would be based on person traits -it would add a dash of decadent roman arena cica nero (he was splattered by the blood of someone he'd forced to act out the role of icarus who appropriately died on first flight)

    gingers vs the midgets; one legged men vs transvestites; crouch would make it into spindley freaks vs greek philosophers (not as a philosopher); christians vs lions etc

    knuckle dragging monkeymen vs godlike athletes would be a trip down memory lane for england fans vs anyone its all relative innit?

    another top blog gaz keep it up old son, you should train to be a journalist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. weather forecast-the north and west of england
    will experience severe flooding over the next 24 hours.this is due to to
    the whole of scotland and wales pissing themselves laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah youre just jealous, shecs, cos youre not english

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah shecs... wales and scotlnad laughing at us is like a man with no legs laughing at a man finishing third in a sprint, its hollow and born of self loathing.

    Thats said though, we are completely shit, so fair play to you... did you know your name means sex in dutch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://aldershotwoes.blogspot.com/2010/06/england.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always want england to win at everything. I want my county to do well at cricket. I wanted my school to win at rounders or mugging or whatnot. I want the british lions to win at Rugby. I want Europe to win the ryder cup. I want Earth to kick Mars's arse at ice hockey.

    Now, a lot of this is from what used to be pride i think. I have to say its something that lessens each year and the more selfish cunts i see in this world the less pride i have in my town, in my county, in my country.

    I have never followed the irrational hatred of the foreign supporters though. I have shouted plenty of choice words at smug opposition players in the past when england have been knocked out, but that is in the moment and like i still wanted argentina to win the 86 world cup because maradona was fucking brilliant never mind the handball.

    I have never gone in to any tournament thinking england were definitely going to win. The best i have felt was 2006 when i felt we were amongst a group of 6 teams that could win it. This time, a group of 8.

    I think the arrogance or perceived arrogance has been created by the media somewhat. That cunt Clive Tyldsely was talking about what we would do against the fucking argies in the quarters. What a twat!

    Now im rambling. This is why i havent written a blog. im not any good!

    Good one Gaz. Even though i feel differently to you, i still enjoyed it mate. Remember us when you are calling john terry a cunt in the times or summat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calling John Terry a cunt in The Times.

    I've never had an ambition in life before but I think this could be the first!

    ReplyDelete