Follow @GarethSoye

Saturday 22 May 2010

Just how special can one man get?

So Jose has done it again. Did anyone really doubt that he would?

I didn't even bother watching the final. But I did make sure to see the end. All I was interested in was Jose. And I dare say I wasn't the only one. Come on now, be honest!

I don't care about teams other than United. For the most part I can't stand them. The last thing I want to see is someone else winning something. But with Mourhino it's different. I like to see him win. It may not have been very modest of him to say so but damn there is something special about him.

He's won two Champions Leagues now. And he's won them with teams of journeymen and rejects. And I would suggest the only reason he didn't win one with Chelsea was because of a certain owner sticking his nose, and his Ukranian striker, in where it wasn't needed. That and Scouse cheating of course.

The man is a genius. It's as simple as that. Deny it all you like but the facts speak for themselves. So what's his secret? For me it's simple; he's one of the few left who realise that football is above all else a team game.

There's a lot of hatred for Jose of course, jealousy is a terrible thing. But it's like water of a ducks back to The Special One. Probably makes him feel better. Why wouldn't it.

So what more can be said about him? Are there any superalitives left? How do you praise him any more?

I can only think of one way.

Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't take kindly to many people. There isn't another top class manager around today that I know of who he hasn't had a falling out with at some stage. Jose? Well Fergie hasn't a bad word to say about him.

8 comments:

  1. "And I would suggest the only reason he didn't win one with Chelsea was because of a certain owner sticking his nose, and his Ukranian striker, in where it wasn't needed. That and Scouse cheating of course."

    You missed out the Captain of the Cheating Weasel society, Mr J Terry and his inability to do anything without going down........on his ass in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what struck me gaz was the genuine warmth the players showed him. dont remember many of the liverpool players trying to reach around rafas paella gut to ambrace him when they fluked that win in istanbul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea of what you speak about Bloggy. I have no memory of anything happening in Istanbul since it changed it's name for tax reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but having said that what a fookin boring game

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should be an interesting La Liga next season - Jose's tactics for Real vs Pep's Flair Players for Barca.

    Bring On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ay up gaz... you need to whore yourself more like i do with my blog...

    http://aldershotwoes.blogspot.com/2010/05/chavwatch2010.html

    You can actually write really well...

    i agree with you what a carachter, i love anyone who isn't ashamed at being brilliant... and Jose has got a great gift as a manager. if he goes on and does the business at RM and overtakes barca surely he has to be cemented as the greatest of our time (even better than fergy???)

    keep em coming, your much better than robbo, who i never really enjoyed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. CLOUGHS THE MAN THO. I JUST HEARD VIV ANDERSON ON THE RADIO TALKING ABOUT THEoops caps lock barely believble days just 20 years ago when black footballers had to suffer racist abuse every gme. in his first matc clough told hm to warm up and he was showered with abuse, bananas and pears. so he sat back down on the bench.

    clough says to him : i tought i told you to warm up.
    viv tells him what happens and clough says:

    "now then young man, you get back out there and warm up. oh and get me 2 bananas and a pear will you"

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far for some reason or the other, the only people I have seen who really hate Mourinho are the Arsenal fans...even the Barca ones respect his accomplishments but the Arsenal continue to deride him as being lucky...weird people the Gooners

    Bishwaksen Bandyopadhyay

    ReplyDelete